When the Black Knight Football and Basketball teams gather again for the 20/21 school year, a familiar face will be missing. Isaiah Washington has been the heart and soul of those two programs for the Black Knights for the better part of 4 years. Washington will be attending Virginia State University in the Fall of 2020 and will be playing football for the Trojans. While at Charlottesville he was a four year Letterman for football. Three year Letterman in basketball. All District and All area in football and basketball.
Tijay “Chico” Richardson will be heading to Ohio in the fall to attend Hocking College. The former Black Knight offensive and defensive lineman was a three year letterman for football, two year letterman for baseball and all area in football. Congratulations Chico!!
All prospective players. Equipment Issue will be next week 24 Jul at 1630. Need combo lock for locker, extra pair of sneakers to place in your locker, water bottle to place in your locker, a completed VHSL physical. You will be issued your girdle, practice jersey and helmet.
The CHS Football summer practice schedule is now online. Please click here.
All players must have a completed VHSL physical on file to participate. Parents should also start filling out the Emergency Contact Information form. It is located here.
Players will need a combination lock (not a key) for their assigned lockers. All lockers must be locked when un-attended.
Please contact Coach Sherry with any questions.
Dates and Program Reminders:
1. Year End Sports Banquet. Wed May 29th in B commons starting at 1730… All Players Expected to be there.
2. FREE SPORTS PHYSICALS Thurs May 30th immediately after school. Free.. No Copay. Expect all players to complete this at this time. Get a physical form, have your folks fill out and bring form on Thursday. Make sure they sign the form..
3. 7 on 7 at CHS Stadium starts 5 June and will run four consecutive Wed evenings. Time will be determined next week, probably 1730. We will play at least two games per evening. My plan is to have two teams from CHS, everyone getting repetitions. No weight room, no play in the tourney.
4. QB meetings. They will start this Thursday after weight room in Coaches office with me. If you want to play the position, you will need to be there. No excuses. Bring spiral notebook and pencil.
5. Summer Weight Room Hours- Starting 10 June- 1700-1900, Mon, Tuesday, Wed and Thurs
6. Team Camp- 28 Jul-1 Aug. Must have completed physical and all paperwork completed. Invite camp only. NO COST TO YOUR FAMILIES.
7. Spirit Packs will be here in July. If weight room attendance is satisfactory, as well as overall good teammate, they will be free to you. If weight room attendance poor, you will be available to purchase. (Spirit Pack- Two T-shirts/Shorts). Those meeting specific goals get a hoodie as well.
8. 1st Day of Practice back at CHS 1 Aug. First two weeks of practice will be in the morning (0700-1200). Schedule will be posted in July of exact practice dates and times.
9. This Thursday (23 May)will be the last day of morning lifting. Spring sports has completed (exception of Soccer).
Contact Coach Sherry with questions email@example.com (434)-245-2718
Free Sports Physicals on 30 May at CHS. Have your parents/guardian fill out the VHSL physical form prior to you arriving. No co-payments or any payment required. Take advantage of this opportunity.
You can download the form here.
Please consider supporting the Black Knights football team by visiting Chipotle (Pantops) on 25 March 2019 between the hours of 5:00 pm and 9:00 pm. I have enclosed links to the flyers.
Go Black Knights!!
Please fill out the form on the below link to stay up to date with schedules, changes in schedules, meetings, workouts, etc.
Organized Team Conditioning has started. We have scheduled the weight room for three Days Per Week (All Players Expected In Attendance Unless Participating with In-Season Sport). Activity will be Monday Wed and Thurs immediately after school. In the spring we will add Tuesdays to make a four day lift cycle. All players need to be in athletic attire and ready to go at 1610. Contact Coach Sherry for more information.